Top 5 Organizational Tips for Wedding Planning
Organization is everything when planning your wedding, which is why it is imperative that you take steps to make sure everything is in order. This means writing all of the details down, utilizing organizational apps when you need to, and making sure everything is carried out in a timely manner. When it comes to wedding planning, you have to organize your time, the steps in which you plan, and even your money.
Here are five organizational tips to use when planning your wedding:
- Separate your money into groups. This means creating a budget for every area of the wedding. You want to have a dress budget, flower budget, honeymoon budget, reception budget, and maybe even a lodging budget if you are paying for out-of-town guests to stay in a hotel.
- Be sure to have all of the important telephone numbers for the day stored in your purse and even printed out on a piece of paper that you keep in your purse. That way if your phone dies, you still have all of the numbers that you need.
- Make sure you are realistic with time. Being unrealistic can get you into some trouble. You certainly don’t want to be down to the last minute with your planning because that’s the perfect time for everything to go wrong. If you have a mile-long to-do list, cut out three things. You don’t want to cut out things that are crucial or things you don’t feel like doing. You want to cut out things that are not on top of your list of priorities or maybe you can hand them off to someone else.
- Make sure you go over the ground rules with everyone. Ask the person managing the venue what the restrictions are. For instance, bare shoulders could be prohibited in a church or flash photography may not be allowed. If you are having an outdoor wedding, make sure tent stakes are allowed if you want to utilize tents.
- Make sure you have a paper trail for everything. Having a paper trail is going to help you keep yourself organized. If someone needs a specific piece of information, then you can dig it out of your organized paperwork and give them the answer that they are looking for. If you have questions for vendors or the venue, write down what you asked and also write down their answers so that you can refer to what they said and when they said it. Also keep receipts for everything.
So there you have 5 organizational tips that will help you with your wedding planning. The more organized you are, the smoother it is going to go. The smoother it goes, the less stressed you are going to be on your big day. The less stressed you are on the big day, the more fun you are going to have and the more you are going to remember every joyous moment.