10 Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks from Long Island Wedding DJ/entertainment
Planning a wedding doesn’t have to seem like a nightmare. Unfortunately, it does seem to take that route for some because they get so caught up in the details that they forget that wedding planning is supposed to be a special time. It isn’t supposed to be a time where you are so stressed out you find wads of your hair in your hands from literally pulling it out.
So you don’t have to give your hairdresser a major explanation when she is doing your hair for your wedding, here are 15 wedding planning tips that should make the process less stressful:
1-6 Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks -Long Island Wedding DJ/entertainment
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR MAIN WEDDING PAGE
- Your guests come first – Figure out how many guests will be coming to your wedding. This will help you ensure you have enough seating at the ceremony, enough space at the reception, and enough food. You should allow up to 30 square feet per guest so everyone is comfortable.
- Outdoor wedding? Have a backup plan – You may start planning your wedding months ahead of time, but, unfortunately, the weather forecast doesn’t extend that far out. That is why it is good to have a backup plan because you never know what the weather is going to do.
- Get a credit card – Weddings cost money and that means you can take advantage of the rewards offered by a rewards credit card. These are rewards that are going to pay off for you and your new spouse.
- Vendor research – Vendor research can be really easy. Instead of searching for each one one-by-one, simply ask one vendor if he or she has recommendations. Being that they provide services at a lot of weddings, they are probably familiar with some of the best florists, photographers, etc.
- Create the meal plan – Go ahead and create a meal plan. You can have specific meals or you can opt for a little bit of everything to suit the different tastes that will attend. You know a lot of your guests, so think about what they may like. Consider that there may be vegetarians attending your wedding.
- One step at a time – You don’t want to overwhelm yourself with the details, so just take everything one step at a time. This means following the most logical order so you don’t do too much too fast.
7-10 Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks – Long Island DJs
7. Keep receipts for everything – Having a paper trail will make sure everything is documented. You never know when a dispute with a vendor may come about.
8. Go over the rules – Make sure the ground rules are covered with the manager of the place where you will be getting married. For instance, getting married in a church may mean that exposing shoulders may be forbidden. You want to ensure you abide by the rules.
9. Get help dress shopping – You don’t want to go dress shopping by yourself. You need to have someone with you so you don’t commit any fashion no nos.
10. Manage your time – You have to be realistic with your time. This means not procrastinating because you never know when something is going to go wrong and take more of your time. Make sure you have plenty of time for everything.
So there you have 10 wedding planning tips that will help you make the wedding planning process much easier than what you would have to experience otherwise.