10 Expert Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks
When planning a wedding, there are things that you should know so that you can make sure the wedding is perfect. When hearing the things you didn’t know, what you will find is that you are very happy that you were told so that you can ensure the day moves as smoothly as possible.
Here are some wedding planning tips and tricks that come straight from the experts:
- The guests always come first. It is very important to get an idea of the number of guests you plan to invite before settling on your venue. This will make sure there is plenty of space for everyone. A good rule of thumb is to allow for up to 30 square feet for each guest. This may seem like a lot, but not if you count table space, the dance floor, and other important elements.
- Check event dates in the area of your wedding because this could cause traffic delays or hotel availability issues.
- Make sure you watch the weather reports because the weather can cause some rather significant annoyances. Invited guests have been known to leave weddings early or not show up at all because of the weather.
- A credit card with a rewards program is a way you can pay for your wedding and be rewarded. If the card is a travel rewards card, then you could apply airline miles or other rewards to your honeymoon. This is a great way to spend money on the wedding and get something back.
- Let one vendor lead you to another by asking them for recommendations. When dealing with wedding vendors, you will find that they may be familiar with others that have worked the same weddings they have. They know how the other vendors work, so you should be able to receive some valuable information.
- Make a meal plan so that you don’t come across any unforeseen food expenses. You can feed your vendors too, but it may be ideal to feed them something that is not as expensive. This will show them how much you appreciate them, but will also ensure you don’t blow too much money on the food.
- You need to get focused on organization. This means keeping a three-ring binder of all of the information that pertains to the wedding. It is here that you will keep track of your correspondence with vendors, what duties are assigned to which members of the wedding party, times, dates, and all of the little details.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for things from your vendors. Your vendors are going to make things happen for you. They are the experts, so they are going to have all of the answers.
- Make sure you take the entire process one step at a time. You can put together a wedding planning schedule that enables you to do this so that each task is carried out in logical order. Don’t hire any vendors before you have confirmed your date and don’t design the cake until you have chosen the flowers. Those are two examples of logical steps to take.
- As soon as you have chosen the date, explore the different price points of the hotels in your area so you can reserve rooms for guests coming from out of town. You can usually reserve an entire block at a reduced rate.
So there you have ten wedding planning tips and tricks that will help you relieve a lot of the anxiety that occurs during the process. In the end, it really comes down to organization.